A friend of mine recently mentioned that DC has been -- loosely paraphrased -- "in a slump." Basically he told me that DC has been pretty awful these past few years.

As the DC fan I am, I took some exception to that. Sure, I know as well as the next guy that DC continually trails in sales behind Marvel. But I just don't think that that means it's not putting out good stuff. Yes, the past few years have supplied us with some very poor DC comics/events. But consider some of the brilliant things that have come out of the past few years:

  • The new Blue Beetle
  • The new Booster Gold
  • 52
  • The Sinestro Corps War
  • Jonah Hex
  • Secret Six
Now it's true that most of these books haven't sold that well. But since when are sales an indicator of quality? The six books/stories I mentioned above are just a few of the amazing stuff that DC has put out in the last few years. If people aren't buying them that's their (and our) loss.

Friends: can you name any other brilliantly amazing things that DC has put out in the past five years or so? I could probably name another dozen brilliant projects -- stories or series that are the equal of anything DC's distinguished rival produces.

Comment away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY