Like many of you, I have been a MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator, for the uninitiated) enthusiast for quite some time, ever since a friend introduced me to it some years ago. I was overjoyed, as I lived in a small town in a rural area, meaning the closest arcade was some one-and-a-half hour's drive away. So not only was I able to relive my experiences with the few arcade games I had played (Double Dragon was my God as a child), but I was also able to check out all the awesome games my more mobile friends had bragged so much about; titles like Metal Slug, Samurai Showdown, Mortal Kombat II, and the Holy Grail, the four-player X-Men scrolling beat 'em up, which has always been, and still is, my favorite genre.
      However, as I sunk my teeth into these games, I started to develop an obsession that ended making playing MAME games more of a chore than a joy: I had to, I was compelled to take screen shots of every single event in every game I played. I had to have at least seven different screen-caps of Hagar pile driving his enemies every single time I played Final Fight! No matter what the game, no matter how obscure, I'd always end up with hundreds of screen-caps of it. It got to the point where I was spending more time hitting 'Print Screen', then pasting the result into MS Paint, then deciding it wasn't quite what I wanted, then reloading that part of the game and doing it all again, trying to get the perfect shot of Jimmy Lee getting kneed in the head.
The reason I mention this is because I have literally thousands of screen shots of thousands of games, so if anyone out there needs, say, a pic of, say, Metal Slug's Fei using the shotgun to blow away six mummies, I have it. I've considered starting a Flickr page for them all, but I really want these pictures to be put to use, as the vast majority are of good quality; not just picture quality, but also quality of content. If I wanted to show someone why Golden Axe is cool, I'd show them the pic I have of the barbarian riding a kick-ass praying mantis that's being incinerated by a goon on a fire-breathing dragon. So, what do you think? If anyone is in need of screenies for games from the arcade's golden era, please leave a comment and let me know, as I need the impetus to log, properly title, and upload these thousands of images; but even if it's just one person, I'd be more than happy to do it for you.
Otherwise, I'm going to have to deal with the fact that I spent hundreds of hours taking screen shots for no good fucking reason apart from trying to document my own nostalgia. Please don't make me face that. Please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY