I was wrong to take my anger out on the new Batwoman. I realized that when I reflected on the character. When I realized that she could actually be a lot of fun. And when I realized that I was acting just like one of those Hal Jordan fans.

I guess I sort of understand how they felt. It hurts when your favorite character is (seemingly) turned into a villain arbitrarily. It hurts a lot.

But that's no excuse for taking it out on his/her replacement. Just as Kyle Rayner had no part in Hal Jordan's downfall neither has Kathy Kane been a part of Cassie's. The fault in both cases lies with editorial. Or perhaps with loser fans like me who just can't let go.

And I probably won't let go right away. It may take awhile. Hell, the Jordan fans screamed about it for a decade. Then Hal Jordan came back. But I don't see there being any sort of "rebirth" with Cassandra Cain. There were always a lot more fans of Hal Jordan than there have been Cassie Cain...

So for the record: I'm sorry, Ms. Kane. I was out of line. I look forward to reading about your adventures. Just remember the symbol you're wearing. Don't screw it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY