Photo via My Fashion Life

Bonjour my friends! After months and months of waiting...This morning I breathlessly typed in the website address....There it was ~ better than I ever could have imagined! The Christian Louboutin website !!! Okay, so it officially launched on January 29th, but I've been out of the loop lately and a little behind. It is fun, whimsy, and fabulous! Just like his shoes. I'm in love...with at least 30 pairs. *sigh*

From the Times

I was actually inspired to go look at the sight after reading Kelli's latest fabulous post at A Rendez~Vous With Style. She talks about Louboutin's Marie~Antoinette inspired collection. What could be better than that, Marie~Antoinette, shoes, and a French designer? It sounds heavenly to me! Thanks Kelli! A poke around her site is so much fun! I especially love all of the Parisian tidbits and vintage finds! She is a girl after my own heart!

The man and Legend~Christian Louboutin


Photo from the NY Times

The website was launched with a huge party in Paris (I wonder if the gift bags included a pair of shoes)? They set the city ablaze with fireworks and partied all night long. Louboutin was quoted saying that "dawn never looked so beautiful in Paris".

A Louboutin Boutique

The site is creative and fun! From the shoe collection with categories labeled as Total Madness and Extremely High Heels there is no shortage of eye candy! The section Louboutin World showcases the designers life story and gossip and press about the line and the designer as well as the Loubi blog! I love it. This must be what heaven looks like :)

Ny Times showcasing the Ribbon shoe!

The inception of Louboutin's trademark red sole is somewhat vague, but it seems that he was inspired to paint the sole of his shoe red after seeing an assistant painting her nails (red) while he was working on a shoe design. He immediately seized the bottle of nail polish and painted it directly on to the sole of the (prototype) shoe. Being pleased with the effect, he originally planned to paint all of his shoes with different coloured soles, however, after seeing the popularity of the red soled shoe he abandoned this idea, and allowed the red sole to become his signature.~
Excerpt from Wikipedia

At the Rodarte show

I have yet to purchase a pair of these gorgeous shoes and in this economy think it might be a while before I do but it is so fun to look! Everybody needs a dose of luxury no matter what! Even if it is via the net :) Enjoy your dose for the day!

xoxo,
Judith~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY