Okay, so I just finished reading Robin #150. I'm sure you can all guess how I'm going to react.

Paging Doctor Psycho! We need a Deus ex Machina here, stat!

Seriously. Give me hackneyed mind control. Give me evil twin or anti-matter universe counterpart. Because the "Cassandra Cain" we see in Robin goes against everything established about the character in 73 issues of her solo series.

So a character who spent more than two-thirds of her life proving that we aren't what we're born to be does a 180 on that?

A character who -- honest to God -- cried when she thought she'd killed the freakin' Shadow Thief decides that murder is the best way to go?

A character who already knew that she was one of many would suddenly go bonkers when she found out Cain had yet another kid?

I could accept her being a villain. Maybe. But not like this. It makes too little sense. It goes against character development. It goes against everything.

But then, maybe others are right. Perhaps I am overreacting. I mean, it's not like DC would ever take a character with a strong fanbase and turn them into a wild-eyed, maniacal killer who...

HAL JORDAN: Hey.

DIAMONDROCK: Oh, hey Hal. Anyway, as I was saying...

...

Waitaminute. This is exactly what they did to you!

HJ: Sure looks that way.

DR: So what's your take on Cassandra Cain's incredibly out of character turn towards villainy?

HJ: Giant yellow space bug. That's the only possible explanation. Well, maybe an orange space bug.

DR: I'll buy that.

DOCTOR POLARIS: JORDAN!

HJ: Oh, hey Neal.

DP: I am Doctor Polaris, fool! What are you doing here? This is my blog!

DR: Actually, it's my...

DP: Silence! I ask again, Jordan: why are you here?

HJ: Just taking care of a few things. I've got a hot date with a lady blogger tonight. *winks*

DP: *shakes fist* Curse you, Jordan!

DR: And... I think that's enough for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY