Another few panels from the now (I assume) in continuity Batman: Year Two:

I attribute the fact that Batman is getting his ass kicked by a senior citizen to the fact that Joe Chill is in continuity. And as a result of this brutal beating Batman decides that using a gun is the best way to fight crime. He nearly blows a guy's head off. That's not cool. And that's all thanks to Joe Chill.

So yeah, you've probably figured out that I don't like Joe Chill being in continuity. The idea of making the Waynes' killer unknown was -- in my eyes -- the best thing to come out of Zero Hour.

For me it seems a masterstroke. The Waynes' murder becomes one of those unsolvable crimes that grow dusty in police stations around the country. There really are so many of them. And the idea that "every criminal he catches might be the one" is also a very appealing idea to me. For me it makes Batman's story make sense.

When I read Batman: Year Two and saw Batman pointing a gun at Joe Chill's face it didn't seem like Batman. And it didn't seem like it was about justice. It sure looked like revenge to me. Now I know most people think it's the other way around. But I can't see it that way. Joe Chill will always represent vengeance over justice to me. And I can't explain why.

Oh, and Joe Chill is an incredibly stupid name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY