Originally I had hoped to talk about the final issue of Trinity today and my thoughts on the series as a whole. But I forgot that new comics don't come until Thursday this week. Oops.

Instead, I will tell you the story of who I am and how I came to be. Or rather where I am going. Be forewarned: this is not about comics in any way.

Many of you know that when I started this blog I was living in Japan. I lived there for a good three years. I loved my time there but by the end of my last year I felt like I needed a change. I came back to the United States last summer. But I had no plans and no job lined up. I didn't know where I was going to go or what I was going to do.

In the end, a series of occurences led me to apply to various institutions of higher learning. I wasn't sure if that was what I wanted at first, but as time went on it started to seem more and more like the path for me. It wasn't long before I found myself in a place I hadn't expected: going back to school.

That's right, friends: come August I'll be a graduate student. I'll be able to change that little "currently unemployed" tag. I will be attending the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign and the Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures. I'll be there for at least the next two years, and possibly as many as seven (if I decide to work towards a PhD).

What does all this mean for the blog? I have no idea. Initially I had thought I might have to cut down on my comics. But financial aid has been surprisingly generous, so that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

I intend to make every effort to continue here. I can't imagine that graduate school will take up so much of my time that I can't dash off a few poorly considered thoughts about the latest comic event.

Anyway, that's where things stand with me. I'm pretty happy about where I'm going, even if I don't know exactly where it will lead. Back to Japan? Almost certainly at some point. To Korea, Taiwan, or China? I wouldn't rule it out.

Regardless of where I'm going I just wanted to let all my friends out there (and you are all my friends) know how things are going. I don't usually talk about myself, but some things... Well, some things you need to share.

Tomorrow: Thursday Night Thinking One Hundred!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY