The incredible Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe in Gentleman Prefer Blonds
I've been a little obsessed with these fabulous Technicolor wonders lately.
Hi Friends!!! I've been working on my surprise for you all and this post is a little clue! These movies and so many more, have always inspired me and they take me to a more glamorous and refined time. A time not so long ago, filled with glitz, glamour, and enough fashionable movie stars
to light up the nights sky!

Grace Kelly (who after all married a French Prince)

The colors and feeling invoke a sense of richness and luxury to me.



America's favorite mermaid Esther Williams

Why is it that my hair and make-up never look like this when I swim? Movie magic!

Doris Day

I love all of the Doris Day movies. Especially the Rock Hudson (va va voom) ones!
Her ensemble is another clue...

The beautiful Betty Grable

Betty Grable movies are always magical! If I catch one on TCM I'm hooked. So down to earth and the fashions are always mind blowing! Oh to be a fly in Edith Heads
office!




Diana Dors
How Amazing is this bed!?! If you love it...keep watching out for my surprise, you will not be disappointed! ;)




I LOVE Carmen Miranda! Her joy of life and her sunny personality always make me smile! What a woman!




The incredible and classic Audrey Hepburn. What more can I say that hasn't already been said so eloquently by so many. A true icon.





Ava Gardner and her turbulent life. Her work is wonderful and her beauty is timeless.





I love the hat!




Betty Grable in Moon over Miami. I LOVE this movie and again those costumes are to die for!!!! I know I'm crazy but I'm in love with the chair in the back ground :)



Because I have not done a true French post in a while. An American in Paris with Gene and Leslie! I'm a sucker for this movie. Look at those flowers (another clue).



This is a rare 1930's movie and for the life of me I can't remember the name of it right now. I'll update the post when it pops into my head in the middle of the night! I just love the bathing suits.




Esther Williams again proving going to the pool can be as glamorous as going to a ball. Look at that beautiful monogrammed cover up. What a wonderful idea and the colors!



Marilyn and the diamonds! I have always loved the quote from Gentlemen Prefer Blonds where she exclaims that she loves finding new places to wear diamonds! Anytime my husband has ever given me jewelry I just want to blurt it out! I know I'm a little nuts.




I just love this image of Carmen Miranda via Worth 1000.com. It gives me ideas for a Halloween costume! :) Those nails!


Another image of Betty Grable. Makes me want to dance my worries away.



One of my all time favorite movies is Singing in the Rain. This scene is fabulous!
Another short post for you today, but don't worry, I'll be back in full force in the coming weeks!
Have a fantastic Thursday!
xoxo
~Judith~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY