I have been away from my children for a long, long time :)

What an interesting day. I finished the next to last draft of my thesis - now it goes to my advisor and committee for review. There will be changes, of course, I hope not too extensive. I packed it with everything I wrote about the subject and a few items that occurred to me while writing it. If it gets approved (and I get my degree) I'll post a pdf of it somewhere. LOL then I'll be officially and unquestionably a geek.

Also, today is the one year anniversary of my hospitalization. A year ago, over the weekend, I developed this weird cough and 'weakness'; I thought it might be a flu or something. By Monday it seemed to clear up a bit but I noticed that as I climbed the stairs I got weak again and my heart started racing. It was then that I said 'fuck it' and walked to the doctors. Immediately he took a look at me and gave me an EKG. It was off to the hospital after that. Apparently I had a arrhythmia but no body knew what it was at the time so they treated it as if it were a heart attack. Turned out it was an embolism, in the lungs. Totally wiped them out. I was in the hospital a week; all sorts of drugs and thinners later, I improved and got released. I wasn't (and ain't yet) out of the woods. I still got to take pills to control my blood pressure and cholesterol and I need to get a CT scan sometime in December. Overall, I'd say I'm lucky.

Anyway, I want to try something different for my (long neglected) anti-FFF column. Here's what - to the superfriends and to anybody who reading this - name the fandom, name the characters, and name the theme, and I'll pen a 250 word short for you. I'll even make it clean if you want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY